Should You Install Security Screen Doors?
You may know how important steel security front doors are for protecting your home, but you may not have given much thought to security screen doors. From heavy-duty two-inch steel frames and welded connections to tempered safety glass and pneumatic door closers, security screen doors offer homeowners many benefits.
Here’s what you should know about security screen doors in Metro Detroit.
Defining Security Screen Doors
Security screen doors, equipped with a metal or steel mesh screens, are heavy-duty doors that can withstand impacts and deter intruders. You can install them as standalone doors or over your existing entry door as an additional layer of security.
Benefits: Security Screen Doors
There are several advantages to installing a security screen door on your home. Not only do they keep the bugs out, they look great and deter burglars as well. Here’s a look at the many benefits of these doors.
- Extra security: Security screen doors keep unwanted visitors out of your home, giving homeowners peace of mind.
- Aesthetics: Modern security screen doors come in a variety of styles and configurations, adding to your home’s curb appeal.
- Enjoyment of the outdoors: With security screen doors, you can still get fresh air and sunlight while keeping the bugs out.
- Ventilation: You get extra ventilation even when the weather is less than stellar, allowing you to enjoy the breeze without compromising security.
- Increased property value: Security screen doors can increase the value of your home, appealing to potential buyers who may be willing to pay more for high-end features such as these.
- Better energy-efficiency: Instead of running your AC in the summer, enjoy the cool breezes from your screen doors. Less reliance on artificial cooling systems can lead to lower energy bills.
- Less noise pollution: Use security screen doors to help block unwanted noise for a more peaceful environment.
Considerations: Choosing a Security Screen Door
When looking for the ideal security screen door in Detroit, there are some factors you should be mindful of. Material is a big one. Metal is more durable than wood, but it will cost you more. Metal is also stronger than plastic or fiberglass, but can rust over time.
Door size is another thing to think about. Take detailed measurements of your entryway before choosing a door to ensure you get one that’s the right size for the opening. And lastly, consider additional features you may want, such as deadbolt locks or keyless entry.
Contact Iron Clad Security Products
Here at Iron Clad Security Products, we offer a wide range of security screen doors featuring steel jambs, shock absorber chains, interchangeable screens, and heavy duty steel frames. Browse our website or call us at (313) 837-0390 for a free quote and consultation.